Keywords– Google, News Corporation Group, Microsoft, Comcast, Skype, NBC, Instagram, Myspace.com
It is already solved questions and this match the following question is related with organisations and it’s platform which were asked in Ph.D. entrance TUEE (Tejpur University Entrance Exam) exams in Journalism and Mass Communication). It contains organisations like ‘Google, News Corporation Group, Microsoft, Comcast’ and it’s platforms are ‘Skype, NBC, Instagram, Myspace.com’. Match the following question with short explanation is designed in order to make you understand better. So that you do not need to go to other places for search.
|News Corporation Group||Myspace.com|
- Google is a multinational corporation from the United States of America.
Google was founded in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford University in California.
- Sundar Pichai was appointed CEO of Google, replacing Larry Page who became the CEO of Alphabet.
- Tagline-“You can make money without doing evil”
- Instagram is a photo and video-sharing social networking service owned by Facebook, Inc.
- It was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, and launched in October 2010 exclusively on iOS.
- In April 2012, Facebook acquired the service for approximately US$1 billion.
- As of 14 January 2019, the most liked photo on Instagram is a picture of an egg, posted by the account @world record egg.The picture currently has over 54 million likes.
- The word Instagram is a portmanteau of instant camera and telegram.
News Corporation Group- Myspace.com
News Corporation is an American multinational mass media corporation operated and owned by media mogul Rupert Murdoch.
- Myspace is an American social networking website founded in 2003 offering an interactive, user-submitted network of friends, personal profiles, blogs, groups, photos, music, and videos.
- Myspace was acquired by News Corporation in July 2005 for $580 million, and in June 2006 surpassed Google as the most visited website in the United States.
- On February 11, 2016, it was announced that Myspace and its parent company had been purchased by Time Time Inc. was in turn purchased by the Meredith Corporation on January 31, 2018.
- Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge Web browsers.
- Microsoft was founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen on April 4, 1975.
- Satya Na della is currently serves as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Microsoft, succeeding Steve Ballmer in 2014.
- Skype is a telecommunications application founded in 2003 that specializes in providing video chatand voice calls between computers, tablets, mobile devices, the Xbox One console, and smartwatches via the Internet. It was founded by Priit Kasesalu and Jaan Tallinn.
- Skype also provides instant messaging services. Users may transmit text, video, audio and images. Skype allows video conference calls.
- Comcast Corporation is an American telecommunications conglomerate headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- It is the second-largest broadcasting and cable television company in the world by revenue.
- It is also the largest pay-TV company, the largest cable TV company and largest home Internet service provider in the United States, and the nation’s third-largest home telephone service provider.
- The National Broadcasting Company (NBC) is an American English-language commercial terrestrial television network that is a flagship property of NBC Universal, a subsidiary of Comcast.
- NBC is sometimes referred to as the “Peacock Network”, in reference to its stylized peacock logo.
- It’s slogan is America’s #1 Network.
- Founded in 1926 by the Radio Corporation of America (RCA), NBC is the oldest major broadcast network in the United States.
- NBC also maintains brand licensing agreements for international channels in South Korea and Germany.