Different management authors have viewed management from their own angles.
- “Management is the art of getting things done through others and with formally organised groups.” – Harold Koontz
- “Management is the art of knowing what you want to do and then seeing that they do it in the best and the cheapest manner.”- F.W. Taylor
- “Management is a multipurpose organ that manages a business and manages managers and manages workers and work.”- Peter Drucker
- “Management is to forecast, to plan, to organize, to command, to coordinate and control activities of others.”- Henri Fayol
- “Management is the art of getting things done through people.”- M.P. Follet
- ”Management is the accomplishment of results through the efforts of other people.”- Lawrence
Features or characteristic of Management
- Management is goal-oriented.
- Management is a social Process.
- Management is continuous process.
- Management is an organized activity.
- Management is all pervasive.
- Management aims at the accomplishment of predetermined objectives.
- Management is both a science and an art.
- Management is a group activity
- Management principles are universal in nature
- Management integrates human and other resources.
Functions of Management
- Directing- Supervision, Motivation, Leadership and Communication.