|PIL||Court of Law|
|NIC||Information collection and analysis|
Keywords- PIL, PIB, NIC, IB.
Asked in Paper II- June 2011
Explanation- Series 17
Public Interest Litigation (PIL)
- PIL is directly filed by an individual or group of people in the Supreme Court and high courts and judicial member.
- It is a way of using the law strategically to effect social change.
- In simple words, PIL means litigation filed in a court of law for the protection of ‘ Public Interest’ such as pollution, terrorism, road safety, constructional hazards etc.
Press Information Bureau (1919)
- It is the nodal agency of Government of India.
- The current director general is Sitanshu Ranjan kar.
- Its headquarter is in National Media Centre, New Delhi.
Intelligence Bureau (IB)
- Intelligence Bureau (IB) is India’s Internal Intelligence Agency was formed in 1887.
- Arvind Kumar is the current director of the IB, who took over from Rajiv Jain on 26 Jan 2019.
- RAW deals with foreign intelligence (previously both internal and external) while IB handles internal intelligence of our country.
National Informatics centre (NIC)
- NIC is the premier science and technology organization of the Government of India in Informatics services and ICT applications.
- The NIC was established in 1976.
- Headquarter- Delhi
- Almost all Indian government websites are developed and managed by NIC.
- NIC is a part of the Indian Ministry of Electronics and ICT department.