Keywords– Asian Media Information and Communication Centre, Times of India, Press Institute of India, DPA news agency
Asked in Paper II June 2011
- The Asian Media Information and Communication Centre (AMIC) is an international, non-profit, non-government organization that serves as a regional research hub for media and communication issues1.
- Based in Manila, Philippines, it was established in 1971 to encourage ethical and social responsibility of the media to support democratic access and participation in media development and production1.
- AMIC also works to provide opportunities for empowerment of disadvantaged sectors in the communication/media environments in developing countries in Asia1.
Times of India
- Language- English
- Founded in- 3rd Nov 1838
- Periodicity- Daily
- Group- The Times Group
- Editor in Chief- Jai Deep Bose
- Sister Newspapers- The Economic Times, Nav Bharat Times, Maharashtra Times, Ei Samay, Mumbai Mirror
Note- Times of India was the merger of three papers Bombay Times, Standard and Telegraph.
Press Institute of India (PII)
- Press Institute of India is a nonprofit organization that was founded in 1963 for the development of standards of journalism in India.
- It conducts workshop on development journalism, women empowerment and child rights security, foreign policy.
- First founded in New Delhi, PII latest shifted to the research in newspaper development (RIND) office in the C.P.T campus, Taramani, Chennai.
German News Agency founded in 1949.