Keywords- Dada Saheb Phalke, Shyam Benegal, Adoor Gopalakrishnan, Mrinal Sen, Dev Anand, Yash Chopra, Devika Rani
Asked question in Paper II June 2011 UGC-NET Mass Communication
Identify the correct sequence of the Dada Shaheb Phalke recipients in chronological order starting with the latest
- Adoor Gopalakrishnan – Mrinal Sen – Yash Chopra – Shyam Benegal – Dev Anand
- Adoor Gopalakrishnan – Mrinal Sen – Shyam Benegal — Dev Anand – Yash Chopra
- Adoor Gopalakrishnan – Yash Chopra – Mrinal Sen – Dev Anand – Shyam Benegal
- Shyam Benegal – Adoor Gopalakrishnan – Mrinal Sen – Dev Anand – Yash Chopra
Answer- Shyam Benegal (2005) – Adoor Gopalakrishnan (2004) – Mrinal Sen (2003) – Dev Anand (2002) – Yash Chopra (2001)
- The Dada Saheb Phalke award is India’s highest award in cinema given annually by the government of India for lifetime contribution to Indian cinema.
- It was instituted in 1969, the birth anniversary year of Dada Saheb Phalke, considered as the father of Indian cinema.
- Presented first to Dada Saheb Phalke by government of India in 1969 who directed India’s first full-length feature film, Raja Harishchandra (1913).
- His real name is Dhundiraj Govind Phalke.
- Devika Rani was the first recipient of Dadasaheb Phalke award. ( first lady of Indian cinema).
Correct sequence of the Dada Shaheb Phalke recipients in chronological order starting with the latest
Answer- Vinod Khanna (2017); Kashinathuni Vishwanath (2016); Manoj Kumar (2015); Shashi Kapoor (2014); Guljar (2013); Pran (2012); Soumitra Chatterjee (2011).