Asked in paper II- June 2007- Mass Communication
Identify the correct chronological sequence of the following :
- AINEC, INS, ILNA, Editor’s Guild
- INS, AINEC, Editor’s Guild, ILNA
- Editor’s Guild, INS, AINEC, ILNA
- ILNA, Editor’s Guild, AINEC, INS
Answer- AINEC, INS, ILNA, Editor’s Guild
All India Newspaper Editors conference (AINEC)
Indian Newspaper Society (INS)- 1939
- The Indian Newspaper Society (INS) (formerly Indian and Eastern Newspaper Society) acts as the central organization of the Press of India, an independent body authenticating circulation figures of newspapers and periodicals in India.
- It is an organization which plays a major role in protecting and promoting the freedom of press in India.
- The society was founded in 1939. Its headquarters are at Rafi Marg, New Delhi.
- At present Mr. Kiran B Vadodaria of Sambhaav Metro has been elected president of The Indian Newspaper Society.
Indian Languages Newspapers Association (ILNA)- 1941
- The Indian Languages Newspapers Association (ILNA) was formed on June 14, 1941.
- Indian Languages Newspapers Association continues to serve language publishers from capital towns, small towns and even very small district towns and thus reaches to publishers in nooks and corners of the country.
Editors Guild- 1977
- The Editors Guild was founded in 1978 with the twin objectives of protecting press freedom and for raising the standards of editorial leadership of newspapers and magazines.
- The Editors Guild continued to take up the threats to press freedom when the governments of Tamil Nadu and Bihar attempted to bring draconian defamation laws. Similarly, when the central government proposed an even more harsher anti defamation act in 1986, the Editors Guild led the nationwide protests which forced the executive to shun its plans.
- Shekhar Gupta, the founder and editor-in-chief of news portal The Print, as its president.