Important points to understand regarding sedition in Indian constitution as per the exam points of view.
- Sedition 124-A in the Indian Penal Code, named Sedition.
- The Crime of saying, writing or doing something that encourages people to disobey their government.
- Sedition is the illegal act of inciting people to resist or rebel against the government in power.
- The law was originally drafted by Thomas Macaulay.
- Remember in the year 2014, some of the Kashmir students were charged with sedition in supporting Pakistan in a cricket match between India and Pakistan.